Windows Server 2019 Training Description
Duration: 5 days
About the Course
Learn the fundamental administration skills required to deploy and support Windows Server 2019 in most organizations. This course will serve as an introduction to the tools and concepts for administering Windows Server, such as Windows Admin Center, PowerShell, and delegation of privileges. You will learn how to distinguish different Windows Server 2019 editions and techniques for deployment, servicing and activation.
This course is designed for professionals who will be responsible for managing identity, networking, storage and compute by using Windows Server 2019, and who need to understand the scenarios, requirements, and options that are available and applicable to Windows Server 2019.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Use administrative techniques and tools in Windows Server 2019.
- Implement identity Services.
- Manage network infrastructure services.
- Configure file servers and storage.
- Manage virtual machines using Hyper-V virtualization and containers
- Implement high availability and disaster recovery solutions.
- Apply security features to protect critical resources.
- Configure Remote Desktop Services.
- Configure a virtual machine-based desktop infrastructure deployment.
- Implement remote access and web services.
- Implement service monitoring and performance monitoring, and apply troubleshooting.
- Perform upgrades and migration related to AD DS, and storage.
There is no exam associated with this course.
- Some exposure to and experience with Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) concepts and technologies in Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2016.
- Experience and an understanding of core networking technologies such as IP addressing, name resolution, and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP).
- Experience working with and an understanding of Microsoft Hyper-V and basic server virtualization concepts.
- An awareness of basic security best practices.
- Experience working hands-on with Windows client operating systems such as Windows 8, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10.
- Basic experience with Windows PowerShell.
- Authorized Courseware
- Intensive Hands on Skills Development with an Experienced Subject Matter Expert
- Hands-on practice on real Servers and extended lab support 1.800.482.3172
- Examination Vouchers & Onsite Certification Testing- (excluding Adobe and PMP Boot Camps)
- Academy Code of Honor: Test Pass Guarantee
- Optional: Package for Hotel Accommodations, Lunch and Transportation
With several convenient training delivery methods offered, The Academy makes getting the training you need easy. Whether you prefer to learn in a classroom or an online live learning virtual environment, training videos hosted online, and private group classes hosted at your site. We offer expert instruction to individuals, government agencies, non-profits, and corporations. Our live classes, on-sites, and online training videos all feature certified instructors who teach a detailed curriculum and share their expertise and insights with trainees. No matter how you prefer to receive the training, you can count on The Academy for an engaging and effective learning experience.
- Instructor Led (the best training format we offer)
- Live Online Classroom – Online Instructor Led
- Self-Paced Video
Speak to an Admissions Representative for complete details
|Start||Finish||Public Price||Public Enroll||Private Price||Private Enroll|
1 – WINDOWS SERVER ADMINISTRATION OVERVIEW
- Introducing Windows Server 2019
- Windows Server Core Overview
- Windows Server administration principles and tools overview
2 – IDENTITY SERVICES IN WINDOWS SERVER
- AD DS Overview
- Deploying Windows Server domain controllers
- Azure AD overview
- Implementing Group Policy
- Active Directory Certificate Services overview
3 – NETWORK INFRASTRUCTURE SERVICES IN WINDOWS SERVER
- Deploying and managing DHCP
- Deploying and managing DNS service
- Deploying and managing IPAM
- Remote Access Services in Windows Server
4 – FILE SERVERS AND STORAGE MANAGEMENT IN WINDOWS SERVER
- Volumes and File Systems in Windows Server
- Implementing sharing in Windows Server
- Implementing Storage Spaces in Windows Server
- Implementing Data Deduplication
- Implementing iSCSI
- Deploying Distributed File System
5 – HYPER-V VIRTUALIZATION AND CONTAINERS IN WINDOWS SERVER
- Hyper-V in Windows Server
- Configuring VMs
- Securing virtualization in Windows Server
- Containers in Windows Server
- Overview of Kubernetes
6 – HIGH AVAILABILITY IN WINDOWS SERVER
- Planning for failover clustering implementation
- Creating and configuring failover cluster
- Overview of stretch clusters
- High availability and disaster recovery solutions with Hyper-V VMs
7 – DISASTER RECOVERY IN WINDOWS SERVER
- Hyper-V Replica
- Backup and restore infrastructure in Windows Server
8 – WINDOWS SERVER SECURITY
- Credentials and privileged access protection
- Hardening Windows Server
- JEA in Windows Server
- Securing and analyzing SMB traffic
- Windows Server update management
9 – RDS IN WINDOWS SERVER
- Overview of RDS
- Configuring a session-based desktop deployment
- Overview of personal and pooled virtual desktops
10 – REMOTE ACCESS AND WEB SERVICES IN WINDOWS SERVER
- Implementing VPNs
- Implementing Always On VPN
- Implementing NPS
- Implementing Web Server in Windows Server
11 – SERVER AND PERFORMANCE MONITORING IN WINDOWS SERVER
- Overview of Windows Server monitoring tools
- Using Performance Monitor
- Monitoring event logs for troubleshooting
12 – UPGRADE AND MIGRATION IN WINDOWS SERVER
- AD DS migration
- Storage Migration Service
- Windows Server migration tools