Certificate of Completion
120 Clock Hours
- The objective of this program is to combine the skills learned through the A+ Computer Technician Program and the Network Professional Program.
- Demonstrate the ability to build, repair, and upgrade personal computers.
- Demonstrate a working understanding of different network standards and the advantages and disadvantages of each.
- Demonstrate the ability to use networking tools and utilities to troubleshoot common network infrastructure issues.
- Demonstrate the ability to install, configure, and administer Microsoft Windows 2008 Professional and Server editions.
- Demonstrate the ability to implement and administer Windows 2008 Directory Services and Network Infrastructure.
- Demonstrate the ability to create a secure network using Windows 2008 security features. Graduates will demonstrate the ability to perform a migration from Microsoft Windows 2003 to Windows 2008.
- Students successfully completing the Helpdesk Technician Program will have the knowledge and ability to perform the job of an entry-level administrator of a Windows Server 2003/2008 local area network.
This program will prepare a student to obtain the skills necessary to become a competent entry-level Network Administrator. Consisting of the materials from A+ Computer Technician and Network+ Professional programs. The Helpdesk Technician Program is designed to cross-train individuals in several disciplines. Upon successful completion of the program and meeting all course requirements and financial obligations, the student will be issued a certificate of completion.
Note: In order to obtain the IT industry certifications covered by the content of this program, the graduate must sit for and pass the following exams:
- Exam 220-1101: CompTIA A+ Exam 1
- Exam 220-1102: CompTIA A+ Exam 2
- Exam N10-008: CompTIA Network+