Duration: 3 days
About this Course
This course teaches Network Engineers how to design, implement, and maintain Azure networking solutions. This course covers the process of designing, implementing, and managing core Azure networking infrastructure, Hybrid Networking connections, load balancing traffic, network routing, private access to Azure services, network security and monitoring. Learn how to design and implement a secure, reliable, network infrastructure in Azure and how to establish hybrid connectivity, routing, private access to Azure services, and monitoring in Azure.
This course is for Network Engineers looking to specialize in Azure networking solutions. An Azure Network engineer designs and implements core Azure networking infrastructure, hybrid networking connections, load balance traffic, network routing, private access to Azure services, network security and monitoring. The azure network engineer will manage networking solutions for optimal performance, resiliency, scale, and security.
Successful Azure Network Engineers start this role with experience in enterprise networking, on-premises or cloud infrastructure and network security.
- Understanding of On-Premises Virtualization Technologies, Including: VMs, Virtual Networking, and Virtual Hard Disks
- Understanding of Network Configurations, Including TCP/IP, Domain Name System (DNS), Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), Firewalls, and Encryption Technologies
- Understanding of Software Defined Networking
- Understanding Hybrid Network Connectivity Methods, such as VPN
- Understanding Resilience and Disaster Recovery, Including High Availability and Restore Operations
- Authorized Courseware
- Intensive Hands on Skills Development with an Experienced Subject Matter Expert
- Hands-on practice on real Servers and extended lab support 1.800.482.3172
- Examination Vouchers & Onsite Certification Testing- (excluding Adobe and PMP Boot Camps)
- Academy Code of Honor: Test Pass Guarantee
- Optional: Package for Hotel Accommodations, Lunch and Transportation
With several convenient training delivery methods offered, The Academy makes getting the training you need easy. Whether you prefer to learn in a classroom or an online live learning virtual environment, training videos hosted online, and private group classes hosted at your site. We offer expert instruction to individuals, government agencies, non-profits, and corporations. Our live classes, on-sites, and online training videos all feature certified instructors who teach a detailed curriculum and share their expertise and insights with trainees. No matter how you prefer to receive the training, you can count on The Academy for an engaging and effective learning experience.
- Instructor Led (the best training format we offer)
- Live Online Classroom – Online Instructor Led
- Self-Paced Video
Speak to an Admissions Representative for complete details
At Course Completion
Module 1: Azure Virtual Networks
In this module you will learn how to design and implement fundamental Azure Networking resources such as virtual networks, public and private IPs, DNS, virtual network peering, routing, and Azure Virtual NAT.
- Azure Virtual Networks
- Public IP Services
- Public and Private DNS
- Cross-VNet Connectivity
- Virtual Network Routing
- Azure Virtual Network NAT
Lab: Design and Implement a Virtual Network in Azure
Lab: Configure DNS Settings in Azure
Lab: Connect Virtual Networks with Peering
After completing this module, students will be able to:
- Implement virtual networks.
- Configure public IP services.
- Configure private and public DNS zones.
- Design and implement cross-VNET connectivity.
- Implement virtual network routing.
- Design and implement an Azure Virtual Network NAT.
Module 2: Design and Implement Hybrid Networking
In this module you will learn how to design and implement hybrid networking solutions such as Site-to-Site VPN connections, Point-to-Site VPN connections, Azure Virtual WAN and Virtual WAN hubs.
- Site-to-Site VPN Connection
- Point-to-Site VP Connections
- Azure Virtual WAN
Lab: Create and Configure a Local Gateway
- Create and Configure a Virtual Network Gateway
- Create a Virtual WAN by Using Azure Portal
Design and Implement a Site-To-Site VPN Connection
- Design and implement a point-to-site VPN connection.
- Design and implement authentication.
- Design and implement Azure Virtual WAN Resources.
Module 3: Design and Implement Azure ExpressRoute
In this module you will learn how to design and implement Azure ExpressRoute, ExpressRoute Global Reach, ExpressRoute FastPath and ExpressRoute Peering options.
- ExpressRoute Direct
- ExpressRoute FastPath
- ExpressRoute Peering
Lab: Create and Configure ExpressRoute
Design and Implement Expressroute
- Design and implement Expressroute Direct.
- Design and implement Expressroute FastPath.
Module 4: Load Balancing Non-HTTP(S) Traffic in Azure
In this module you will learn how to design and implement load balancing solutions for non-HTTP(S) traffic in Azure with Azure Load balancer and Traffic Manager.
- Content Delivery and Load Balancing
- Azure Load Balancer
- Azure Traffic Manager
- Azure Monitor
- Network Watcher
Lab: Create and Configure a Public Load Balancer to Load Balance VMs Using the Azure Portal
Lab: Create a Traffic Manager Profile Using the Azure Portal
Lab: Create, View, and Manage Metric Alerts in Azure Monitor
Design and Implement Azure Load Balancers
- Design and implement Azure Traffic Manager.
- Monitor networks with Azure Monitor.
- Use Network Watcher.
Module 5: Load Balancing HTTP(S) Traffic in Azure
In this module you will learn how to design and implement load balancing solutions for HTTP(S) traffic in Azure with Azure Application gateway and Azure Front Door.
- Azure Application Gateway
- Azure Front Door
Lab: Create a Front Door for a Highly Available Web Application Using the Azure Portal
Lab: Create and Configure an Application Gateway
Design and Implement Azure Application Gateway
- Implement Azure Front Door.
Module 6: Design and Implement Network Security
In this module you will learn to design and imponent network security solutions such as Azure DDoS, Azure Firewalls, Network Security Groups, and Web Application Firewall.
- Azure DDoS Protection
- Azure Firewall
- Network Security Groups
- Web Application Firewall on Azure Front Door
Lab: Create a Virtual Network with DDoS Protection plan
Lab: Deploy and Configure Azure Firewall
Lab: Create a Web Application Firewall Policy on Azure Front Door
Configure and Monitor an Azure DDoS Protection Plan
- Implement and manage Azure Firewall.
- Implement network security groups.
- Implement a Web Application Firewall (WAF) on Azure Front Door.
Module 7: Design and Implement Private Access to Azure Services
In this module you will learn to design and implement private access to Azure Services with Azure Private Link, and virtual network service endpoints.
- Define Azure Private Link and Private Endpoints
- Design and Configure Private Endpoints
- Integrate a Private Link with DNS and On-Premises Clients
- Create, Configure, and Provide Access to Service Endpoints
- Configure VNET Integration for App Service
Lab: Restrict Network Access to PaaS Resources with Virtual Network Service Endpoints
Lab: Create an Azure Private Endpoint
Define the Difference Between Private Link Service and Private Endpoints
- Design and configure private endpoints.
- Explain virtual network service endpoints.
- Design and configure access to service endpoints.
- Integrate private link with DNS.
- Integrate your app service with Azure virtual networks.