CSCU Certified Secure Computer User
The purpose of the CSCU training program aims at equipping the students with the necessary knowledge and skills to protect their information assets. The program is designed to interactively teach the students about the whole gamut of information security threats they face ranging from indentity theft and credit card fraud to their physical safety. The skills acquired during the course of this program will not only help the students to identify these threatsbut also to mitigate them effectively.
This class will immerse students in an interactive enviornment where they will acquire a fundamental understanding of various computer & network security threats such as identity theft, credit card fraud, online banking phishing scams, virus & backdoors, emails hoaxes, sex offenders lurking online loss of confidential information, & social engineering.
During this course you will learn about:
Threat Landscape – Companies today have to stay on top the latest cyber threats that challenge the human side of cyber such as social engineering attacks.
The threat landscape changes constantly & security awareness is a perishable skill. Continually training your employees on new & emerging threats
creats a safer employee & a safer organization.
Regulatory Requirements – Regulations such as GLBA, PCI, HIPAA, & Sarbanes-Oxley require security awaremess training because people are still a weak link in IT security.
Bring Your Own Device policies (BYOD) – Your network is less defensible because your staff are using devices & connections that are outside your security policy. BYOD requires a good security training program.
EC – Council Exam Code 112-12
This is a 2 day course
In order to sit for the CCISO exam, applicants that attend training must apply via the CCISO Eligibility Application showing 5 years of experience in at least 3 of the 5 CCISO domains (experience can be overlapping). Students who do not meet the eligibility criteria for the CCISO exam can sit for the EC-Council Information Security Manager (EISM) exam & apply for the CISSO exam when they meet the requiremens.
- Domain 1 – Governance (Policy, Legal, and Compliance)
- Domain 2 – IS Management Controls and Audit Management
- Domain 3 – Management of Projects, Technology, and Operations
- Domain 4 – Information Security Core Concepts
- Domain 5 – Stategic Planning and finance
- Authorized Courseware
- Intensive Hands on Skills Development with an Experienced Subject Matter Expert
- Hands on practice on real Servers and extended lab support 1.800.482.3172
- Examination Vouchers & Onsite Certification Testing- (excluding Adobe and PMP Boot Camps)
- Academy Code of Honor: Test Pass Guarantee
- Optional: Package for Hotel Accommodations, Lunch and Transportation
With several convenient training delivery methods offered, The Academy makes getting the training you need easy. Whether you prefer to learn in a classroom or an online live learning virtual environment, training videos hosted online, and private group classes hosted at your site. We offer expert instruction to individuals, government agencies, non-profits, and corporations. Our live classes, on-sites, and online training videos all feature certified instructors who teach a detailed curriculum and share their expertise and insights with trainees. No matter how you prefer to receive the training, you can count on The Academy for an engaging and effective learning experience.
- Instructor Led (the best training format we offer)
- Live Online Classroom – Online Instructor Led
- Self-Paced Video
Speak to an Admissions Representative for complete details
- Introduction to Security
- Securing Operating Systems
- Malware & Antivirus
- Internet Security
- Security on Social Networking Sites
- Securing Mobile Devices
- Securing the Cloud
- Securing Network Connections
- Data Bakup & Disaster Recovery