This eLearning Bundle includes these 4 courses: Learning Tableau 10.x, Mastering Tableau 10, Tableau 10 Business Intelligence Solutions – Volume 1 and Building Interactive Dashboards with Tableau.
Learning Tableau 10.x – 5:26 hours
Microsoft Excel is a straightforward way of storing data, but creating visualizations is at times fairly tedious for an analyst. With Tableau, you can save time when analyzing Excel data and create great data visualizations that present data in a way that even non-analysts can understand, which in turn helps businesses to make informed decisions.
In this course, you’ll be introduced to Tableau and understand the different versions of the software including Tableau Desktop, Tableau Desktop Professional, Tableau Public, Tableau Online, and Tableau Server. The course contains session material that covers both fundamental and advanced concepts to create worksheets, dashboards, and stories in Tableau.
You’ll get a solid understanding of the user interface and all the powerful functions available in Tableau. Furthermore, you’ll learn about other topics such as table calculations, parameters, filters, user-defined calculations, (variables). Next, you’ll see how to use dashboard actions to create interactivity between dashboard components and how to “drill-down” into more dashboards containing additional detail for specific data elements.
By the end of the course, you’ll be adept with the knowledge to create great visualizations with Tableau for your day-to-day business needs.
Mastering Tableau 10 – 5:15 hours
Tableau is perfect for developing creative and powerful data visualizations for any business. It offers professionals looking to spot trends, outliers, and patterns an insightful, data-driven business focus that truly separates the signal from the noise.This course walks you through the fundamentals of Tableau, helping you hone your skills and master core volumes such as Working with Data in Tableau. You will immerse yourself in Tableau 10’s new Data Prep features, to provide data integration success. The video will provide viewers with high-quality practical content explaining how to master advanced calculations, dashboards, and visualizations with Tableau. It will teach experienced users how to answer complex queries they’ve been wrestling with, while also introducing them to tricks they never knew were possible.Lastly, Advanced Interactivity brings it all together by demonstrating many ways in which users can interact with information at their fingertips.
• Understand the key concepts of Data Prep such as Joins, Blends, Cross Database Joins, Shared Data Connection design, and metadata
• Unleash the newest features and enhancements of Tableau 10
• Get to grips with the best practices for effective Visual design
Tableau 10 Business Intelligence Solutions – Volume 1 – 2:45 hours
Tableau is a software tool that can speed up data analysis, through its rich visualization capabilities, and help uncover insights for better and smarter decision making. This tutorial is for business, technology, data, and analytics professionals who use and analyze data and data-driven approaches to support business operations and strategic initiatives in their organizations. This video series provides easy-to-follow examples to get you up-and-running with Tableau 10 and covers basic–to-advanced use cases and scenarios. You will start by preparing data using different strategies and move on to build basic charts and then more complex charts by incorporating different Tableau features and interactivity components. By the end of this highly intuitive and practical video, you’ll have gained the confidence and competence to analyze data more efficiently and effectively, by creating compelling interactive data and charts in Tableau
• Become familiar with the Tableau interface
• Increase your confidence and competence in creating rich, interactive visualizations in Tableau
• Prepare your data using different strategies
• Leverage the blend and join features in Tableau 10 for creating powerful data sets
• Build basic charts taking the first steps in data analysis
• Create advanced charts increasing your capability to work with complex data in a quick and efficient way
Building Interactive Dashboards with Tableau – 4:31 hours
As businesses collect increasing amounts of vital data, the need for effective, intuitive, and actionable interfaces increases every day. Tableau is part of a new class of business intelligence tools, which dramatically reduce the time and technical acumen required to derive insights from data and publish it in a consumable format. We’ll begin by laying the groundwork for a successful dashboard and then move on to constructing five different dashboards of increasing complexity. Starting with the Strategic/Executive dashboard, we’ll design a few of the most common dashboard elements and assemble our first complete dashboard. Next, we’ll show you how to use Tactical dashboards for visualizations that can help depict progress and draw attention to important areas. We’ll then dive into increasing the dashboard interactivity by using Operational dashboards when focusing on granular detail. Using advanced techniques in Tableau, we’ll then show you how to use Analytical dashboards that can provide you with the tools to effectively extract knowledge from your data. We’ll also walk through how to quickly create a visualization using Ad-hoc dashboards that allow you to effectively keep an eye on a specific area of interest. Lastly, we’ll cover the styling settings and publication options and conclude with best practices. This course guides you through the entire “how and why” of each task in the dashboard creation process, which will translate easily to your own dashboard projects.
• Develop intuitive and informative executive-level dashboards with the appropriate depth of interactivity
• Empower tactical teams to track progress and opportunities using charts and interactivity that quickly surfaces key insights
• Create engaging Operational dashboards to monitor pipeline activities and drive team KPIs
• Expose advanced analytical tools to analysts and others who need to dive in deep to explore the data
• Produce customized visualizations of data to support the decision processes of your stakeholders
• Deliver your finished dashboard with an informative user interface that guides, informs, and amazes your audience
• Publish and distribute your work confidently using the best methods and options for your audience