Information Technology Professional – Online
(CompTIA A+, Network+, Security +, Microsoft Mca Azure Administrator Associate, Microsoft Azure Fundamentals, AMAZON AWS Cloud Practitioner, Amazon AWS Certified Solutions Architect associate, Cisco CCNA
Certificate of Completion
284 Clock Hours
The Information Technology program focuses on computer and network repair, cloud computing, cyber security and advance networking. The program is designed to prepare students for employment in various industries that utilize technical skills and knowledge. Students who successfully complete this program will have knowledge and skills in such areas as computer repair, networking, cloud system networking, enterprise cloud technology and network security. Courses include theory and skill building using a dedicated server lab environment.
The core curriculum for this program is defined by the competencies emphasized in attaining the CompTIA A+, Network +, and Security + certifications. The MCA Azure Administrator Associate, The Amazon AWS certified solutions architect and the Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification. These certifications ensure that the holder possesses competencies in maintaining, managing and administering cloud platforms in both the Microsoft Azure and Amazon AWS cloud environments. Students in the Information Technology Program will be provided with hands-on learning in order to ensure that they receive ample experience in both structured learning and “real world” environments. Additionally, graduates will demonstrate a basic command of computer repair, cybersecurity and the Cisco internet working operating system for Cisco routers and switches.
Upon completion of the Information Technology Program students may seek entry-level employment in business, government, or a variety of industries where computer engineering skills are needed. Graduates may also seek employment in the technology industry as: computer repair technicians help desk support, networking technicians, Cisco networking technicians, Server administrators, Cloud Engineers, data analysts, internet security, software applications and configurations.
Program objectives are:
- To equip students with the knowledge to evaluate the needs of an Information Technology infrastructure for an organization.
- To empower students to design, implement, and evaluate a computer-based system, process, component, or program to meet industry needs.
- To prepare students with the technical knowledge and critical-thinking skills needed for a career in information technology.
- Through a conceptual understanding, students are able to apply technological skills in hardware, networking, security, cloud computing, database, IT project management and research to critically analyze and solve problems in unpredictable environments.
- Upon completion of the program requirements, student should be prepared to complete the following third-party, information technology certification exams:
Industry Certification Exams
CompTIA Certification Exams
- Exam 220-1001: CompTIA A+ Exam 1
- Exam 220-1002: CompTIA A+ Exam 2
- Exam N10-007: CompTIA Network+ Exam
- Exam SYO-501: CompTIA Security +
Amazon Certification Exams:
- Exam: CLF-C01 AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
- Exam: SAA-C02 AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate
Microsoft certification Exams
- Exam: AZ-103 MCA Azure Administrator Associate
- Exam: AZ-900 Microsoft Azure Fundamentals
Cisco certification exams
- Exam 200-301: CCNA Implementing and Administering Cisco Solutions
CompTIA A+/ Network+ Essentials (6 weeks):
- CompTIA A+ Certification
- CompTIA Network+ Certification
Amazon AWS (6 weeks):
- Amazon AWS Cloud Practitioner
- Amazon Certified Solutions Architect Associate
Microsoft Azure Administrator Associate (6 weeks)
- CompTIA Security +
- Microsoft Azure Administrator Associate
- Microsoft Azure Fundamentals
Cisco CCNA Program (6 weeks):
- Cisco CCNA Certification Program