Information Technology Professional – Online
Certificate of Completion
284 Clock Hours
The objective of the Information Technology Professional — Online is to prepare students with the skills necessary for the design, implementation and administration of the Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Operating System/Server Platform and the administration of Cisco Hardware. Upon successful program completion, graduates will possess the education and skills necessary to obtain an entry-level information technology administration position in a medium to large sized organization.
The core training for this program is defined by the competencies emphasized in attaining the (MCTS) Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist, the (MCITP) Microsoft Certified IT Professional certification and the Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification. These certifications ensure that the holder possesses competencies in maintaining, managing and administering the Microsoft Windows 2008 Platform for business enterprise. Students in the Information Technology Professional Program will be provided with hands-on learning in order to ensure that they receive ample experience in both structured learning and “real world” environments. Coursework will focus on all facets of the Windows 2008 Network operating system platform from installing the operating system to the planning, design and implementation, virtualization, security and customizing of Windows 2008 networks. Additionally, graduates will demonstrate a basic command of the Cisco inter-networking operating system for Cisco router and switches.
Upon completion of the program requirements, student should be prepared to complete the following third-party, information technology certification exams:
- Exam 220-1001: CompTIA A+ Exam 1
- Exam 220-1002: CompTIA A+ Exam2
- Exam N10-007 CompTIA Network + Exam
- Exam SYO-501 CompTIA Security+ Exam
- Exam: 70-680 MCTS: WIN7 Windows 7 Configuration
- Exam: 70-640 MCTS: Windows Server 2008 – Active Directory Configuration
- Exam: 70-642 MCTS: Windows Server 2008 – Network Infrastructure Configuration
- Exam: 70-643MCTS: Application Infrastructure Configuration
- Exam: 70-647 MCITP: Enterprise Administrator Windows Server 2008
- Exam 200-125: Cisco Certified Network Associate