NEXT MEETING: NOVEMBER 15th 2006
LOCATION: THE ACADEMY OF SOUTH FLORIDA, INC MIAMI CAMPUS
– –> User Group Introduction and start of board
– –> Microsoft Black Tuesday in-depth information as to Black Tuesday for the month
– –> Intro to roll your own (RYO) snort (maybe a monthly series)
– –> Practical: LIFE (TOR!!) (practical series will be set per user group)
– –> Call for Presentations for Next Month.
We provide a forum to learn about the latest trends, threats and other concerns in the world of information security, including home as well as corporate systems. This group is not biased toward any single vendor or technology!
We are a peer to peer group that meets on the 3rd Wednesday of each month (exceptions are July, August and holidays). We also provide a Tech Tips listserv and pointers for security resources, and hold an annual charitable event.
Membership is free to the general public. To become a member, just add your name to the Newsletter list.
Typical agenda includes introductions, Q&A, job announcements and one or two formal presentations
Members include IT administrators, managers, law enforcement personnel, students, educators or anyone interested to learn how to protect their systems.
No formal security experience is required. People come to learn, share tips and tricks, and network with other professionals
If you have a computer that is plugged in and running, then you may be at risk. Our user group addresses topics such as:
- Virus Protection
- E-Mail Safety
- Lock Downs
- Hack Attacks
- Law Enforcement
- Home Security
- Corporate Security
- Smart Cards
- Student Logon | Legal Terms | Request Information
- Powered By Veplan